Plan With Grace (“We”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with Us.
2. Who is With Grace
With Grace is a funeral plan provider that enables you to deal with a local funeral director, then people that will organise your funeral or a direct cremation specialist. Out team of investment managers and custodian trustee www.apexfundservices.com have bee specially selected for their track record, integrity and transparent approach to charges and financial reporting.
3. Explaining the legal bases We rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you click Yes to say We can contact you.
When collecting your personal data, We’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you use our service to set up a funeral plan We’ll collect personal data and information from you to set up your funeral plan and provide this information to the relevant funeral plan provider.
In specific situations, We require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, We will use your enquiry history to send you information about your funeral plan quotes for up to 6 months after your first compared funeral plan quotes.
We also record the age of customers and the device type customers use to access our website, to identify trends and ensure We can meet the needs and requirements of our customers to the optimum level.
4. When do We collect your personal data
- When you visit our website and use our Price Checker or Get Quotes service to compare funeral plans
- When you complete the online application form for a funeral plan you have selected
- When you set up a funeral plan using our service
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with Us the information they hold about you
- When We collect information from you over the telephone
5. What sort of personal data do We collect
- When you visit our website and use our Price Checker or Get Quotes service to compare funeral plans We require you to provide your name and age
- When you visit our Website and use our Price Checker or Get Quotes service to compare funeral plans you have the option to provide your email address and / or telephone number; you can then provide consent for Us to contact you by email or phone about your funeral plan quotes
- When you complete the online application for for a funeral plan you have selected, We require you to provide your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth
- When you set up a funeral plan using our service, We require you to provide your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, next of kin information and payment details
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with Us the information they hold about you, they may provide Us with your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth
6. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating systema and browser type, for system administration, fraud prevention purposes and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
7. Other Information We may collect from you
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, location data, Weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies We use are “analytical” cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how the visitors move around the site when they are Using it. This helps Us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
9. How and why do We use your personal data?
We use information help about you in the following ways.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us, where you have provided contact and be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are a new customer, and where We permit your Funeral Plan Provider to use your data, you consent to being contracted by electronic means by Us or your Funeral Plan Provider.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate anonymous information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 60 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate anonymous information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, Women in SW1).
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. We use the information you provide Us to provide you with funeral plan quotes, so you can compare plans. We always ask your age or date of birth, so We can provide you with the funeral plan quotes relevant to your age.
Where you have provided consent, We may contact you by phone and / or email to provide you information about your funeral plan quotes and answer any questions you may have. We will provide you information about your funeral plan quotes by email and phone for up to 6 months.
When you use our service to set up a funeral plan We need to collect your personal data to enable your funeral plan to be set up. We only ask for personal information that is required by the funeral plan provider.
10. How We protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our Websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we May carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
11. How long will We keep your personal data?
Whenever We collect or process your personal data, We’ll only keep it for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which is was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning; such as your age and device type.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
Funeral Plan set up
When you set up a funeral plan using our service, We’ll keep the personal data you have given Us indefinitely, so We can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. We do not keep your payment details. If you have used our cash back service when you set up a funeral plan through Us, We will only keep your bank account number and bank sort code to the time that your cash back has been paid to you. If you have paid for all or part of your funeral plan by a credit or debit card We do not keep this information. this information is provided directly to the funeral plan company using a secure portal.
12. Who do We share your personal data with?
Other than the events described in this clause and in clause 14 We do not share your data with third parties.
When you use our service to set up a funeral plan We will provide the funeral plan company you have requested to set up a funeral plan with your personal data that is required for the funeral plan to be set up.
When you have spoken to Us about your funeral plan quotes and have requested to receive information about Over 50s insurance plans, We will provide your name, email address, telephone number and age or date of birth to the company that can provide you with the information about the Over 50s insurance plans. We will tell you who the company is and will only provide the company with your personal information if you have provided your consent for Us to do this.
13. Where your personal data may be processed
We only operate in the United Kingdom and the funeral plan companies We work with are all based in the United Kingdom. The reason why your data maybe transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA is because We and other organisations, use cloud-based storage which may use servers located outside of the United Kingdom or outside of the EEA.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
14. Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If With Grace or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our TERMS AND CONDITIONS and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of With Grace, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
15. What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data We hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That We stop using your personal data for direct marketing, by any means
- That We stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after your withdraw that consent.
You can contact Us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information, please contact The Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our customer services team.
If We choose not to action your request, We will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given Us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where We rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where We are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask Us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless We believe We have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with you request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, We will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, We will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and Websites that may or may not be of interest to you. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
16. Contacting the Regulator
If you feel your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to Us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns
(opens in a new window; please note We can’t be responsible for the content of the external Websites)
17. Any questions?
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you.
Email Us on email@example.com